I thought it was about time I actually said thank you to my boyfriend, who deserves a thousand thank yous.
You remember when you were a little girl, right? And you had this image of the perfect man. Y’know, your knight in shining armour, who was going to come and rescue you from this cruel, cruel life?!
Yep. That’s him.
You had everything about him picked out, from his hair and eye colour, down to his job (Prince, obvz), and how he’d whisk you away on his noble steed. Tbf, I think I watched too many Disney movies when I was younger, but whatevz.
However, as we get older, and slightly more synical, it’s come to the realisation that this imaginary Prince Charming probably isn’t going to come for you, hell, he probably doesn’t even exist, and sometimes I think we get so wrapped up in the ‘ideal’ man, that we forget about our every day Prince Charming standing/lying in front of us.
This got me thinking, and well, since it was National Boyfriend Day yesterday, I thought about all the things I’m thankful for that my boyfriend does, and while he never rode in on his horse (although he did ride my horse, does that count?!) and whisked me away, he was pretty damn close.
I also wrote a pretty cute Instagram post, with a few little thank yous, you can find this here.
So here’s to the every day Prince Charming; a list to say thank you to your boyfriend:
- Thank you for making me laugh, every single day.
- Thank you for that adorable, goofy smile you have when you tell a joke and think it’s hilarious.
- Thank you for being proud of me, when I can’t be proud of myself.
- Thank you for watching far too many episodes of shows with me, especially the girly ones.
(You can see my favourite Netflix choices here)
- Thank you for giving me your honest opinion every time, even when it is some times different to my opinion.
- Thank you for apologising when I’m too stubborn to do so.
- Thank you for giving me logical solutions to my problems.
- Thank you for all the dorky photos I make you take with me, and the endless amounts of selfies, and then for not complaining when I post them all over Social Media, only for you to be hounded by your friends on WhatsApp.
- Thank you for opening up to me. I know it’s difficult sometimes, but I’m thankful you trust me enough to do so.
- Thank you for bear hugs, little arm squeezes and forehead kisses.
- Thank you for listening to my occassional rants, or taking the time out of your day to read them through text message.
- Thank you for always making time for me.
- Thank you for offering to drive me to Starbucks, when I’m grumpy and won’t tell you it’s exactly what I want.
- Thank you for suppoting my Starbucks addiction, it’s very much appreciated.
- Thank you for reminding me of everything I’m good at on my down days, you are my absolute rock.
- Thank you for waiting for me to get ready, even though you’re in a hurry to go somewhere.
- Thank you for letting me take over your bathroom with my endless amounts of beauty products, shampoos, hair products etc.
- Thank you for being on my side when it feels like the world isn’t.
- Thank you for understanding my anxiety, and always trying to ease it.
- Thank you for your attempts at romance, even if they sometimes end up making us both laugh, the attempts are hugely appreciated.
- Thank you for making me feel safe with you.
- Thank you for your endless support, and supporting my dreams. No matter how crazy they may seem.
- Thank you for your patience when I’m a little bit moody.
- Thank you for being the world’s best secret keeper.
- Thank you for letting me be myself around you, and joining in when I lounge around in my sweats with my glasses on and hair up.
- Thank you for being my best friend.
- Thank you for sorting out any spider situation that may come up. In fact, any bug situation that may come up.
- Thank you for checking out any strange noises we hear outside, even though it’s usually just the wind.
- Thank you for swapping sides with me in bed, when your arm gets sore from cuddles, so we can continue to snuggle for longer.
- Thank you for making meals out of quorn, so I can enjoy them too. Even though you’re not a vegeterian.
- Thank you for letting me put my cold toes in between your warm legs at night, even though it makes you cold too.
- Thank you for letting me introduce you to the world of candles and fairy lights.
- Thank you for studying every menu in restaurants to make sure I have plenty of food choices to eat there.
- Thank you for asking for my advice. The fact that you value my opinion means the world to me.
- Thank you for listening to my problems, offering advice and eventually sorting them out for me.
- Thank you for bringing me back to your home town and showing me off to all of your friends and family.
- Thank you for making me happy, every day.
That was probably one of the easiest lists I’ve ever written.
My point is, don’t spend too much time looking for the perfect guy that fits your mould, when he could be right there in front of you, in his own mould.
Let me know what things your boyfriend does, that you’re super thankful for.
Check out my previous post – 19 Signs You May Be A Grown Up